This vegan flapjack recipe is such a simple item to knock up in your kitchen, we love them for lunchbox snacks and mid morning desk nibbles. Here I use peanut butter instead of butter and add plenty of seeds for extra plant points. Top tip, pop them in the oven when you are cooking something else to save on the energy costs.
This recipe made around 16 flapjacks for us, it went over 2 days (there are 8 in my household), I should have made double! They aren’t super sweet and made a great alternative to buying cereal bars.
Adding in the seeds to this vegan flapjack recipe is a great way to increase the protein content making it a more filling snack. Seeds can also be a good source of micronutrients including vitamin E, potassium and magnesium. I used seeds in these as I wanted to pop the in the kids lunchboxes so they needed to be nut free. You can use any mixed seeds that you have languising in the back of the cupboard or I used a pack of mixed seeds.
Check out my recommendations for other easy flapjack recipes below for more recipes to try.
Did you know flapjacks are the same as pancakes in America? I didn’t! You learn a new thing everyday.
Top Tips for making vegan flapjack recipes:
If you are putting all that effort into making a tray of flapjacks you want them to hold together well and taste good. Here are some tips to help.
- Choose bigger oats for a chewier texture. Personally I just use the supermarkets own basics range and find those are perfectly fine.
- Have enough stickiness to bind the ingredients. You want the oats to stick together nicely or you will be left with a crumble instead of a flapjack. (If this does happen keep it to use as a yoghurt topper instead of granola). Vegan butter, oil, peanut butter, banana, pureed dried fruit, sugar, honey and treacle are all ingredients for that stick.
- Grease and line your tin well, don’t skimp on this part or your flapjacks will be welded to the tin!
- Fully melt your sugar and veganbutter mixture as this is your flapjack glue.
- If your flapjacks have raisins in them, cover the top with foil or greaseproof paper for the first half of the cooking time to prevent any burning.
- 1 Flapjack tin or baking dish
- 1 Sauce pan or microwaveable dish
- 75 g honey
- 75 g vegan margarine
- 75 g peanut butter
- 50 g brown sugar
- 250 g oats
- 150 g mixed seeds
- 75 g raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan oven. Grease and line a baking tray or dish.
- Meal the honey, vegan margarine, peanut butter in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- Place the oats, seeds and raisins into a bowl, add the melted mixture and mix together.
- Press into the baking tray using a fork.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, slice when still slightly warm, and store in an airtight container.
Easy Flapjack Recipes:
These ones are not all vegan but can easily be adapted.
Chewy Flapjack Recipes:
- Classic Oat and Syrup Flapjacks : higher in sugar and no fruit in these ones but great when you want that sweet taste and filling oats.
- This Mango and date flapjack gives you the perfect chewiness. So if you like the almost toffee like texture of a flapjack then this is one for you.
- These chewy flapjacks use more sugar but have almonds and pine nuts as a topper for a lovely mix of crunch and chewiness.
Fruit flapjacks :
- Apple Granola Bars: I love an apple flapjack myself. These apple granola bars are so lovely and moist, the apple adds in that sweetness.
2. Mixed Berry Crumble Bars: You can use frozen fruit to make a delicious layer inside a flapjack. I love to use mixed berries but you can also use any stewed fruit you have too.
3. Banana Flapjacks: banana makes the perfect addition to a flapjack, helping to bind the mix together and adding sweetness too.
Savoury Flapjack Recipe :
- Carrot flapjacks: these are perfect for that toddler period or in lunchboxes. Whilst carrots can feel like a strange addition they add sweetness. Think of carrot cake!
- Try these cheese and chive flapjacks as part of a picnic or a Sunday afternoon tea.
1 thought on “Vegan Flapjack Recipe”
задания для детей 5 лет для подготовки к школе https://www.teach-me-online.ru.